Friday, February 18, 2011

Big Girl Room

Big Girl Room
Here it is!  My new room.  A month or so ago, Mommy and Daddy converted my crib to a toddler bed.  My sleep habits were only mildly affected for a few days.  Then, I slept perfectly as usual.  Two weeks after that, Uncle William and Daddy moved my nursery furniture into baby brother's room and assembled my big girl furniture.  Mommy was so worried how I would handle this change, but I was so excited.  I danced around and said, "Big girl bed...Mia's."  Mommy then showed me how to get on and off my bed safely using a stool and then told me, "Stay in bed, and wait for mommy or daddy."   I saw tears in Mommy's eyes because I was so excited to be a big girl.  I even helped her move my baby things into brother's room.  That night, and every night since, I go right to bed after we read 2 books.  I turn on my own night light, music, and ask for my big girl bed.  In the morning, after rolling around for 20 minutes to adjust to the fact that I have to wake up, I call for Mommy or Daddy to come to my room.  It is then that I get out of bed.  I've never left my room or woke up during the night without going right back to sleep.
Well...there is nap time.  That's a little different.  Most days, I stay in my bed and talk to my animals for 20 minutes before falling asleep, but other days I get off my bed and read myself some books.  I don't leave my room or cry, I just like to read all by myself before going to sleep.  I always climb back on my bed and fall asleep.  It's my little secret.

Thank you Uncle and Daddy!
Look!  I can get off my bed all by myself!
Mommy holding me before I go to sleep in my big girl bed.  She's sad, I'm happy!  
I love my room!
If I was home when Mommy took this picture, I would have yelled, "Off Izzy, off Lucy, Mia's bed!"
Brother's room to be...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Room. Mia looks like she's growing up.

    Also:
    Oliver's plane is done..

    ReplyDelete