Monday, August 30, 2010

18 Month Dr. Visit

Trying to call someone to get me out of here.
Can you believe it?  I'm such a big girl.  I turned 18 months on the 23rd and today was my wellness visit.  I was excited to show my doctor all the things I can do.  She quickly learned how much I can talk as the first thing I said when she came in the room was, "no."  I kept saying it throughout the check-up but unfortunately she didn't get the clue.  She was impressed with my 30-40 word vocabulary, ability to run and climb, and follow simple directions.  She said I was perfect!  Mommy and daddy knew this all along, but it was nice to hear it from a professional.  

Waiting for them to call my name

Giving the little bird a hug
Some of my favorite words:  no, mommy, daddy, dog, ball, mine, milk, night night, uh-oh, oh no!, cow, blue, up, all done, help, bye bye, bubble, duck, Elmo, movie, ta da!, baby, Bo, bib, please, Uncle, and  Auntie.  I can even say the letters in my name...although the M is my favorite.

I heard the doctor telling mommy it was time to take away my paci at bedtime.  Mommy already took it away during the day AND at nap time and I'm not sure how I'll do without it at night.  This weekend mommy is going to cut the tips off all my pacifiers and cross her fingers that I remain a perfect sleeper.  
I have a good size head...75th percentile
31.25  inches tall...40th percentile
23lbs, 13oz...40th percentile

1 comment:

  1. What a big girl! I can't believe she's 18 months old already. I hope the pacifier trick works. Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete